Friday, July 09, 2021

Mr. 3001

 Alvaro Samuel picked up 3 hits in Las Vegas's 12-4 win over the Autobots to pass the 3000 mark for his career. His 3000th hit was a line drive single to center in the 4th inning off Bernard Richter.

Samuel, who plans on retiring at the end of the year, also has 6 homers this season for 487 in his career. He is in his 20th season, all with Las Vegas. "I would love to hit 500 homers, but if it doesn't happen, that's OK. I've always considered myself a pure hitter rather than a power hitter, so getting 3000 hits is more important to me. But the biggest thing is trying to help this team win a world series. I've played here 20 years and never had the chance to play in the last game. I'm hoping we can make this one special and I can retire a champion." 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home